General has considerable experience in completing buildings and projects using the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) building rating approach.
The quality of our work and our construction standards would have made the projects eligible on the mechanical side. In performing this work, we surpassed all standards that were established by the construction teams. In addition, General also identified ways in which our company’s standard practices would earn the additional LEED points. Our exacting standards on all of our work make us precisely what a construction manager wants when selecting a mechanical contractor for a LEED project.
- Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery
- General Heating and Air Conditioning Corporate Office
- Alliant Energy Cedar Ridge Wind Farm
- First Unitarian Society Meeting House
- Mentor Biologics Lyophilizer Facility
- Edgewood College Dominican Hall
- Affiliated Engineers Incorporated
- Other Projects: General routinely performs work that is designed and either intended to be or could qualify to be LEED certified. Examples of this would be projects at Teel Plastics, Inc., Epic, and the State of Wisconsin Data Center.
CAD Helps In Many Facets of Commercial Projects
The CAD department had a busy 2016 and this year will be no different. Some significant BIM/CAD projects for 2016 included Baldwin Hospital, Epic Campus 4 and 5, Stevens Point Chemistry Building, ATC, and the Marquette Replacement Hospital which started later in the year.
Journey to Zero by Jeff Hanson, Safety Manager
For many years, I believed that achieving zero accidents was not possible. That conclusion came from years of working in safety and never coming across a single example where zero accidents were sustained for any length of time. What I did not understand, but I do today, was the power that can be harnessed when […]
Airplane Hangar in Marquette Provides Home to Prefab
Prefabrication continues to be incredibly important to many of the jobs General Heating takes on. This is particularly true for the replacement hospital in Marquette, Michigan.