General has considerable experience in completing buildings and projects using the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) building rating approach.
The quality of our work and our construction standards would have made the projects eligible on the mechanical side. In performing this work, we surpassed all standards that were established by the construction teams. In addition, General also identified ways in which our company’s standard practices would earn the additional LEED points. Our exacting standards on all of our work make us precisely what a construction manager wants when selecting a mechanical contractor for a LEED project.
- Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery
- General Heating and Air Conditioning Corporate Office
- Alliant Energy Cedar Ridge Wind Farm
- First Unitarian Society Meeting House
- Mentor Biologics Lyophilizer Facility
- Edgewood College Dominican Hall
- Affiliated Engineers Incorporated
- Other Projects: General routinely performs work that is designed and either intended to be or could qualify to be LEED certified. Examples of this would be projects at Teel Plastics, Inc., Epic, and the State of Wisconsin Data Center.
Airplane Hangar in Marquette Provides Home to Prefab
Prefabrication continues to be incredibly important to many of the jobs General Heating takes on. This is particularly true for the replacement hospital in Marquette, Michigan.
GHAC Invests in Safety Through Storytelling
In 2016, an incident occurred that ended the incredibly long streak of over 2,000 days worked with no lost work day injuries at General Heating and Air Conditioning. This incident served as a wake up call. We decided to take this as an opportunity to learn and be better by turning this story into something […]