General has considerable experience in completing buildings and projects using the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) building rating approach.
The quality of our work and our construction standards would have made the projects eligible on the mechanical side. In performing this work, we surpassed all standards that were established by the construction teams. In addition, General also identified ways in which our company’s standard practices would earn the additional LEED points. Our exacting standards on all of our work make us precisely what a construction manager wants when selecting a mechanical contractor for a LEED project.
- Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery
- General Heating and Air Conditioning Corporate Office
- Alliant Energy Cedar Ridge Wind Farm
- First Unitarian Society Meeting House
- Mentor Biologics Lyophilizer Facility
- Edgewood College Dominican Hall
- Affiliated Engineers Incorporated
- Other Projects: General routinely performs work that is designed and either intended to be or could qualify to be LEED certified. Examples of this would be projects at Teel Plastics, Inc., Epic, and the State of Wisconsin Data Center.
2014 Build Wisconsin Award Winner
The Farm Campus added 1,000 offices and includes three farm-themed buildings showcasing traditional Wisconsin architecture featuring barns, stables, and machines sheds. Great job to all of those involved and for your hard work on this project.
UW Health TAC, An Innovative Madison Landmark
The UW Health at the American Center campus spans nearly 500,000 square feet on Madison’s East side. Close coordination between all parties was at an all time high to maintain a timely schedule with the use of BIM and Revit software for all building models.
General Heating Employees Raise nearly $11,000 for United Way
Giving Back to the Dane County Community United Way 2014 fundraising efforts surpassed that of last year’s total and over $11,000 was raised through employee events such as a golf outing, baggo tournament, and employee lunches.