General has considerable experience in completing buildings and projects using the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) building rating approach.
The quality of our work and our construction standards would have made the projects eligible on the mechanical side. In performing this work, we surpassed all standards that were established by the construction teams. In addition, General also identified ways in which our company’s standard practices would earn the additional LEED points. Our exacting standards on all of our work make us precisely what a construction manager wants when selecting a mechanical contractor for a LEED project.
- Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery
- General Heating and Air Conditioning Corporate Office
- Alliant Energy Cedar Ridge Wind Farm
- First Unitarian Society Meeting House
- Mentor Biologics Lyophilizer Facility
- Edgewood College Dominican Hall
- Affiliated Engineers Incorporated
- Other Projects: General routinely performs work that is designed and either intended to be or could qualify to be LEED certified. Examples of this would be projects at Teel Plastics, Inc., Epic, and the State of Wisconsin Data Center.
Project Update: Meriter Boiler Replacement
Project Specs: Meriter is located on 202 S. Park Street. The boiler replacement project began in Feb. 2016 and is expected to be complete on Dec. 2016. This project was initiated because Meriter’s boilers were older and did not run well. Due to age and turndown capabilities, the owner chose to install boilers with more […]
General Heating and Air Conditioning has a quarterly newsletter that is distributed to employees to provide them updates on projects, events, employees, etc.