General has considerable experience in completing buildings and projects using the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) building rating approach.
The quality of our work and our construction standards would have made the projects eligible on the mechanical side. In performing this work, we surpassed all standards that were established by the construction teams. In addition, General also identified ways in which our company’s standard practices would earn the additional LEED points. Our exacting standards on all of our work make us precisely what a construction manager wants when selecting a mechanical contractor for a LEED project.
- Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery
- General Heating and Air Conditioning Corporate Office
- Alliant Energy Cedar Ridge Wind Farm
- First Unitarian Society Meeting House
- Mentor Biologics Lyophilizer Facility
- Edgewood College Dominican Hall
- Affiliated Engineers Incorporated
- Other Projects: General routinely performs work that is designed and either intended to be or could qualify to be LEED certified. Examples of this would be projects at Teel Plastics, Inc., Epic, and the State of Wisconsin Data Center.
We are Headed to the Wisconsin Healthcare Engineering Association Conference
General Heating and Air Conditioning is attending the Wisconsin Healthcare Engineering Association (WHEA) conference in Green Bay, WI, on Wednesday, Sept. 20.
Loop the Lake Event a Success!
On Saturday, July 29th, several of our employees attended the annual Clean Lakes Alliance Loop the Lake event. The Hooper Foundation/General Heating and Air Conditioning is a proud sponsor of Loop the Lake.
Project Update: Local 601 Steamfitter Training Facility
The Steamfitters Local 601 Training Facility is located at 6310 Town Center Drive in Madison. The building is set to be complete in August and will be LEED certified.