General has considerable experience in completing buildings and projects using the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) building rating approach.
The quality of our work and our construction standards would have made the projects eligible on the mechanical side. In performing this work, we surpassed all standards that were established by the construction teams. In addition, General also identified ways in which our company’s standard practices would earn the additional LEED points. Our exacting standards on all of our work make us precisely what a construction manager wants when selecting a mechanical contractor for a LEED project.
- Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery
- General Heating and Air Conditioning Corporate Office
- Alliant Energy Cedar Ridge Wind Farm
- First Unitarian Society Meeting House
- Mentor Biologics Lyophilizer Facility
- Edgewood College Dominican Hall
- Affiliated Engineers Incorporated
- Other Projects: General routinely performs work that is designed and either intended to be or could qualify to be LEED certified. Examples of this would be projects at Teel Plastics, Inc., Epic, and the State of Wisconsin Data Center.
Problem Solved: Underground Piping Installation Poses Unique Challenge
Our project managers oversee projects related to the commercial side of the business here at General Heating and Air Conditioning. In our new “Problem Solved” series, several of our project managers will share a challenge they encountered on the job and how they were able to provide their client with a solution. Today, Eric Smithback […]
Project Update: DeForest Schools
In 2016, we worked on providing upgrades and additions to several schools in the DeForest school district.
Problem Solved: How We Overcame an HVAC Challenge in the Commercial World
At General Heating and Air Conditioning, we have a commercial side of the business, and a residential side. Our project managers oversee projects related to the commercial side of the business. In our new “Problem Solved” series, several of our project managers will share a challenge they encountered on the job and how they were […]