General has considerable experience in completing buildings and projects using the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) building rating approach.
The quality of our work and our construction standards would have made the projects eligible on the mechanical side. In performing this work, we surpassed all standards that were established by the construction teams. In addition, General also identified ways in which our company’s standard practices would earn the additional LEED points. Our exacting standards on all of our work make us precisely what a construction manager wants when selecting a mechanical contractor for a LEED project.
- Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery
- General Heating and Air Conditioning Corporate Office
- Alliant Energy Cedar Ridge Wind Farm
- First Unitarian Society Meeting House
- Mentor Biologics Lyophilizer Facility
- Edgewood College Dominican Hall
- Affiliated Engineers Incorporated
- Other Projects: General routinely performs work that is designed and either intended to be or could qualify to be LEED certified. Examples of this would be projects at Teel Plastics, Inc., Epic, and the State of Wisconsin Data Center.
GHAC Sponsors Kids Building WI 2018
On Saturday, May 12th (10 am), the fifth annual Kids Building Wisconsin event will take place at McKee Farms Park. Kids Building Wisconsin is a community endeavor that focuses on getting kids interested in pursuing careers in the construction industry.
The Spark: Changing Madison’s East Side Landscape
Madison’s reputation and stature as a high-performing marketplace continues to be reflected in the significant improvements that are being made in just about all neighborhoods. Nowhere is this more evident than in the rapidly transforming East Washington Avenue corridor.
Oakwood Village Upgrades and Expands to Provide Best-in-Class Senior Living
Oakwood Village on Tancho Drive in Madison has been in the area for over 70 years and is ready to expand its wings once again. It’s dedicated to providing Madison the best-in-class senior living.