Contract Administrative Assistant -Marquette, MI
Job Title:Contract Administrative Assistant
Status: Full Time
Provides daily support by assisting the Assistant Project Managers, Estimators and Project Managers with their administrative needs.
- Assists project managers with letters, purchase orders, subcontracts, transmittals, faxing, copying, scanning, phone calls and e-mails.
- Assist with project set up including assigning job number, PM binder set up with tabs, determine submittals and O&M requirements and fill out submittal schedule to start submittal process.
- On design-build projects (projects that do not go through the formal submittal process), assist with shop drawing processing, release equipment and complete O&M manuals.
- Determine anticipated delivery dates for equipment, review bi-weekly and make sure equipment is on schedule. Pass on new information so submittal schedule can be updated.
- Contact all subcontractors to update them on schedule changes and notify them in advance when they are needed on site.
- Get copies of change orders to subcontractors/suppliers for any changes and forward approved change orders to field foreman.
- Track costs in the COINS system to monitor subcontract costs, labor, etc and print reports when needed.
- Assist in keeping prints up-to-date.
- Create any Excel spreadsheets or Word documents when needed. Learn to use new software when needed
- Procures and returns plans for bid as directed.
- Backs up receptionist during lunch daily and help when regular employee is absent.
- Organization and upkeep of the reference library and the plan bin storage.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and project managers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School degree with minimum of 2 years post-secondary education.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an office setting.
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of the Company’s organizational structure and HVAC terminology
- Proficient with Excel and Word; requires good word processing skills and accuracy.
- Requires courteous, professional and diplomatic behavior when interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
Scope Data (budget accountability, operating revenues, organizational unit responsibility, number of employees supervised, other pertinent numeric data):
- Types approximately 20 – 25 letters, 20 – 30 purchase orders, and 20 – 30 transmittals, per month.
Description of physical working environment:
- Normal office environment. Routinely works from a sitting position with a computer. Repetitive typing and computer use required. Regular bending, twisting, and light lifting is common.