HVAC Assistant Project Manager – Marquette, MI
Job Title: HVAC Assistant Project Manager
Areas Supervised: Assigned HVAC Construction Field Crews
Reports To: Department Head
Status: Full Time
Responsible for acquiring new business opportunities. Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the preparation and execution of HVAC projects while meeting cost, quality, equipment utilization and safety objectives.
- Actively pursues and acquires new business through developing and maintaining strong client relationships, presentations to prospective clients, sound understanding of proposed project plans, specifications and other contractual documents.
- Prepares project budgets, schedules, and assists in project contract negotiations. Monitors adherence to all of above through attendance at job site meetings, project progress reports, project cost reports, performance evaluations, and working closely with field crew supervision.
- Works closely with general contractor architects and engineers to resolve design related construction issues.
- Responsible for supervising and expediting the CADD and BIM work for their projects.
- Keeps customer fully informed of project progress and any issues and that effect design or costs. Submits change orders with committed cost and secures their approval in a timely fashion. Releases completed project to the full satisfaction of the customer.
- Purchases major HVAC equipment and other materials for projects. Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates manpower, equipment, tools and supply needs with the department to achieve project objectives.
- Manages administrative aspects of contracts (change orders, rental equipment, timesheet coding, billing and expenses, collections, etc.) by working closely with administrative staff and accounting and communicating all financial details to appropriate parties.
- Designs complete HVAC systems for design-build projects in accordance with local, state and national codes, as well as per ASHRAE recommended design practices.
- Attends meetings to coordinate design issues with customer and other disciplines. Responsible for plan submittals for city and state review.
- Maintains sound relationships with field employees. Participates in industry-related organizations like ASHRAE and Mechanical Contractors Association meetings and educational programs, as requested.
- Completes job closeout process including resolution of “punch list” items, recording of “as-built drawings” to reflect all changes to originals, and distribution of all operation and maintenance manuals to customer, including test and balance reports.
- Attendance at departmental meetings and functions as required.
- Performs additional assignments as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Four years technical education in engineering field or construction management preferred.
- Analytical and problem solving, strong interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer and Microsoft application skills.
Scope Data (budget accountability, operating revenues, organizational unit responsibility, number of employees supervised, other pertinent numeric data):
- Wide range of project budgets.
- Supervises field crew through foreman.
Description of physical working environment:
- Works in normal office environment and makes frequent client visits requiring driving personal vehicle. When in the office, regularly works from a sitting position with a computer. Repetitive typing and computer use required. Regular bending, twisting, and light lifting is common.
- Works on field construction site in all kinds of weather to survey site conditions and resolve coordination issues with the trades.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps on site is required.