Provide drafting, design, and engineering technical support for the coordination, fabrication, and installation of our products, including mechanical systems (ductwork, piping). Must be able to communicate directly with our manufacturing facilities and field staff, to facilitate a smooth flow of information.
- Development and maintain drawings for coordination, fabrication and installation following company standards.
- Assist Project engineer on reports, load calculations, sizing equipment and design of ductwork and pipping systems.
- Performs field surveys when necessary to determine actual field conditions to ensure ductwork, piping and equipment layout will fit the given building structure.
- Coordinates ductwork and piping layouts with other trades to ensure proper fit (plumbing, electrical, fire protection, etc.)
- Represents GHAC in matters of coordination of HVAC work with various trades to achieve quality and efficient installation.
- Assists project managers/engineers in opening electronic files received from architects/engineers and updates as directed.
- Generates copies and assembles prints of various drawings for project manager/engineer, foreman and other interested parties.
- Obtains as-built drawings and close-out materials at project end.
- Stays current with new technologies and techniques affecting the field of BIM and HVAC design.
- Performs additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in mechanical design, computer aided drafting, engineering or similar.
- 2-4 years HVAC design/drafting experience.
- Autocad MEP with proficiency in Fabrication CADmep.
- Revit proficiency, MEP is preferred.
- Navisworks proficiency.
- Good understanding of manufacturing and prefab process for sheetmetal and piping.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Scope Data (budget accountability, operating revenues, organizational unit responsibility, number of employees supervised and other pertinent numeric data):
- Works and interacts in team environment with 30 – 40 personnel.
- Designs approximately 20 – 30 jobs per year.
Description of physical working environment:
- Works in normal office environment from a sitting position with a computer. Repetitive typing and computer use required. Regular bending, twisting, and light lifting is common.
- Makes job site visits as necessary requiring driving personal vehicle.
- Works on field construction site in all kinds of weather to survey site conditions and resolve coordination issues with the trades.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps on site is required.