Materials, Tools, and Equipment Buyer
Responsible for the procurement, distribution, and tracking of materials, tools and equipment for the construction contract department.
- Purchases and maintains materials, equipment and tool supplies by securing bids.
- Receives and fulfills all incoming project field requests from the job Foreman and Project Manager
- Evaluate new products and processes to save costs and improve productivity
- Monitors material recycling program and scrap
- Coordinates contract job deliveries as necessary
- Coordinate tool & equipment tracking program “gigatrak”
- Maintains inventory of materials and supplies as expected
- Assists with annual inventory counting and recording
- Performs additional duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong mechanical aptitude and multi-tasking skills
- Minimum of a High School degree, with 2 years secondary education preferred.
- Strong written/verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Prefer experience dealing with materials in the HVAC industry.
Scope Data (budget accountability, operating revenues, organizational unit responsibility, number of employees supervised, other pertinent numeric data):
- Works and interacts in team environment with 20 – 25 personnel
- Processes approximately 10 – 15 purchase orders daily.
- Responsible to procure materials and monitor costs to maintain project budget
Description of physical working environment:
- Normal office and warehouse environment. Routinely works from a sitting or standing position with a computer. Repetitive typing and computer use required. Bending, twisting, and lifting up to 25 pounds on occasion.
Ability to climb up and down steps in warehouse is required.