Part Time Office Assistant
The part-time office assistant is responsible for assisting in many office functions including greeting visitors, handling mail and phones, providing clerical support and data entry for office employees.
- Greets all visitors and notifies party that visitor(s) has arrived. Provides employment information to “walk-ins” seeking employment.
- Receives, opens and stamps all incoming mail and distributes accordingly. Organizes and stamps all outgoing mail.
- Responsible for mailing of service invoices, accounts payable checks, newsletter, monthly statements, collection letters, party invitations, etc.
- Completes miscellaneous data entry, typing, copying, faxing, filing, scanning, organizing and distributing for the office staff when needed. Routes incoming fax transmissions.
- Responsible for the upkeep and neatness of copy area, supply room, conference room, and reception area.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of the Company’s organizational structure to refer calls and distribute mail effectively.
- Requires courteous, professional and diplomatic behavior when interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Requires good word processing skills and data entry accuracy.
- Minimum of a High School degree and some post secondary education desirable.
- Strong English and oral communication skills required.
Description of physical working environment:
- Normal office environment. Routinely works from a sitting position with a computer. Repetitive typing and computer use required. Regular bending, twisting, and light lifting is common.