Project Update: United Vaccines
- United Vaccines needed to expand their manufacturing and production space, so they initiated a two-story, 57,000 square foot veterinary vaccine manufacturing and testing facility in the outskirts of Verona, WI.
- The new facility is located on 6 acres, which will allow for continued growth and development.
- Vogel Bros. Building Co. broke ground in May 2015 but GHAC did not begin their piece of the project until November. The project is expected to be complete in March 2017.
GHAC and Hooper Role:
- GHAC, Hooper Plumbing, and Process Piping are completing the full mechanical system installation to support the pharmaceutical facility. These systems include a clean steam generator and clean steam piping that’s orbitally welded and validated for pharmaceutical use.
- Other systems of note include an RO water treatment system and associated pure water piping to various labs, as well as liquid nitrogen distribution piping, and compressed gases.
- GHAC and Hooper provided design assist services to help add value to the project. This was also the first time GHAC used polypropylene (PPR) piping systems in a pharmaceutical environment.
- The challenge of multiple layers of mechanical systems and tight coordination requirements were overcome by full BIM management including systems that are not traditionally coordinated.