General has considerable experience in completing buildings and projects using the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) building rating approach.
The quality of our work and our construction standards would have made the projects eligible on the mechanical side. In performing this work, we surpassed all standards that were established by the construction teams. In addition, General also identified ways in which our company’s standard practices would earn the additional LEED points. Our exacting standards on all of our work make us precisely what a construction manager wants when selecting a mechanical contractor for a LEED project.
- Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery
- General Heating and Air Conditioning Corporate Office
- Alliant Energy Cedar Ridge Wind Farm
- First Unitarian Society Meeting House
- Mentor Biologics Lyophilizer Facility
- Edgewood College Dominican Hall
- Affiliated Engineers Incorporated
- Other Projects: General routinely performs work that is designed and either intended to be or could qualify to be LEED certified. Examples of this would be projects at Teel Plastics, Inc., Epic, and the State of Wisconsin Data Center.
Considering a Career as an HVAC Tech? Read This
Are you curious about what it takes to be an HVAC tech? Dan Robbins from toughnickel.com has been in the industry for 22 years and has some great insight into the HVAC world.
Project Update: Hamel Music Center
The Hamel Music Center is a nearly $56 million facility that will fill an entire open space immediately adjacent to the Chazen Museum of Art.
GHAC Continues Work in Portage County with Sentry Insurance’s New 8-Story Building
When GHAC secured the Sentry Insurance project in Stevens Point, it marked the second project GHAC has worked on in Portage County (the first was the UW-Stevens Point Chemistry Building).