Responsible for carrying out all aspects of the Fabrication Shop warehouse including stocking, material pulling, sorting, packaging, and yard maintenance.
- Stocks, pulls, sorts, and packages materials, including required field tools.
- Operates forklift to load, unload and move materials.
- Operates Class A CDL equipment to service job site deliveries and yard maintenance.
- Loads and unloads vehicle for piping materials, tools, equipment & returns to vendors.
- Carries out completion of all field orders for piping materials, tools and equipment including UPS package distribution.
- Carries out duties of laborer to supplement shop labor needs.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of tools and equipment.
- Responsible for pre-trip inspection of delivery vehicle to assure that vehicle is safe to drive and roadworthy.
- Receives daily UPS delivery and distributes to appropriate department.
- Assist in various pipe shop yard clean up and maintenance functions including working with Waste Management for dumpster pickup.
- Performs additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of one year warehousing and CDL driving experience, with good driving record.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with basic math skills with high school diploma or GED.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Basic personal computing skills.
Scope Data (budget accountability, operating revenues, organizational unit responsibility, number of employees supervised, other pertinent numeric data):
- Works and interacts in team environment with 10 – 15 personnel.
- Delivers approximately $2,000,000 of piping assemblies.
Description of physical working environment:
- Delivers and unloads on field construction sites in all kinds of weather.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps is required.
- Job requires continuous standing and walking in the fabrication shop. Requires lifting materials up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis and frequent twisting, bending, and turning.
Lower Humidity at Home
Wisconsin summers get hot and humid. And sometimes, despite our best efforts, the humidity can make us feel uncomfortable and cranky. To combat that, use these suggestions to reduce humidity at home and to help you feel happier.
Why do preventative maintenance?
So many people ask themselves the question, “Why should I keep up on preventative maintenance for my air conditioner or heating system?” There are a number of good reasons as to why. All of them benefit YOU, the customer.
Record Breaking Crowd for Concerts on the Square
Summer is beautiful in Wisconsin. There are so many opportunities and events to get outside and enjoy the short lived season. Fortunately for us, the city of Madison comes to life in the summer. A big highlighted event for the city is Concerts on the Square present by the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra. This event is […]