Job Title: Warehouse & shipping Supervisor
Areas Supervised: Warehouse, shipping & receiving
Reports to: Director of Operations
Responsible for coordinating all shipping and receiving as it relates to tools, equipment, warehouse materials and shop fabricated materials. Responsible for the up-keep of delivery vehicles, tie-down equipment and material storage areas.
• Develops daily truck delivery schedule based on input from Manager of Materials and Shop Foreman. Pre-loads and organizes shipments for drivers.
• Unpacks/unloads and checks in all truck and UPS shipments.
• Operates forklift as needed.
• Responsible for pre-trip inspection to assure all delivery vehicles are safe to drive and roadworthy. Ensures they have appropriate type and quantity of tie-down equipment to properly secure shipment.
• Responsible for a well-organized warehouse and yard facility. Makes sure all material stored outdoors is appropriately protected from the elements.
• Assists with pulling material from inventory to fill contract material requests, stocking of incoming material, inspection/ tracking of all major tools/equipment.
• Fills in for the Delivery Driver and the Manager of Materials as necessary.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Minimum of three years of experience organizing and coordinating shipping operations.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with basic math skills with a high school diploma or GED. Degree in logistics preferred but not required.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Basic personal computer skills.
Scope Data (budget accountability, operating revenues, organizational unit responsibility, number of employees supervised, other pertinent numeric data):
• Works and interacts in team environment with approximately 10 – 15 personnel.
• Responsible for handling of inventory and equipment.
Description of physical working environment:
• Delivers and unloads on field construction sites in all kinds of weather.
• Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps is required.
• Job requires continuous standing and walking in the warehouse. Requires lifting materials up to 75 lbs on a regular basis and frequent twisting, bending and turning.
Lower Humidity at Home
Wisconsin summers get hot and humid. And sometimes, despite our best efforts, the humidity can make us feel uncomfortable and cranky. To combat that, use these suggestions to reduce humidity at home and to help you feel happier.
Why do preventative maintenance?
So many people ask themselves the question, “Why should I keep up on preventative maintenance for my air conditioner or heating system?” There are a number of good reasons as to why. All of them benefit YOU, the customer.
Record Breaking Crowd for Concerts on the Square
Summer is beautiful in Wisconsin. There are so many opportunities and events to get outside and enjoy the short lived season. Fortunately for us, the city of Madison comes to life in the summer. A big highlighted event for the city is Concerts on the Square present by the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra. This event is […]