“Serving veterans during Heat’s On really makes our day. I’m proud our team makes a volunteer commitment to help those who have served our country,” says Kendall Richards, President of All Comfort Services, a heating, cooling, plumbing, and electrical contractor in Madison.
Criteria to receive free maintenance:
- Veteran home owner, or surviving spouse
- Dane County Resident
- Gas Furnace
Homeowners who don’t meet the criteria but would like to have their heating systems serviced can contact the MSC at 608-288-1414 for a union contractor referral.
Contact one of these sponsoring organizations by September 29 to be considered for free furnace maintenance:
- Julie Walsh, Madison Area Mechanical & Sheet Metal Contractors Association, phone: 608-288-1414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dane County Veteran Service Office (CVSO), phone: 608-266-4158
- Veterans Health Administration (VHA), phone: 608-256-1901
The Heat’s On project has been serving Dane County residents since 1987. The purpose of Heat’s On is to reduce the occurrence of residents going without heat or facing other life threatening emergencies associated with home heating systems. “Lack of maintenance and dirty filters can shorten the life of the furnace. Something this simple can save not only hundreds of dollars in fuel costs, but it can save a life,” says Brad Werlein, President of General Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., a commercial and residential heating and cooling contractor in Madison.
The MSC is a non-profit contractor association representing contractors in the heating, piping, air conditioning, and sheet metal industry. Their members are dedicated professionals who provide high-quality, cost efficient products and services with a commitment to safety.
About Steamfitters Local 601:
Steamfitters Local 601 is comprised of approximately 2,400 members and represents a fourteen county area in southeastern Wisconsin. While the majority of the membership is comprised of Steamfitters and Refrigeration/Service Fitters, they also represent other classifications such as gas distribution, helpers, and welders. Their members work on a variety of job sites including residential and commercial heating and cooling systems, breweries and power plants.
Participating Contractors (Madison):
- All Comfort Services, President Kendall Richards, phone: 608-838-7300
- Bassett Mechanical, Service Manager Chad Warnecke, phone: 608-838-6362
- Commercial Air, Service Manager Tami Schultz, phone: 608-221-8886
- General Heating & Air Conditioning, Labor Manager Mike Polster, phone: 608-271-3900
- H & H Industries, Owner Paul Christensen, phone: 608-273-3434
Participating Contractors (Milwaukee):
- Butters-Fetting Co.
- J.M. Brennan, Inc.
Participating Supply Houses:
- Design Air, Branch Manager Barb Verbitsky, phone: 608-226-0344
- First Supply, Sales Manager Scott Stritzke, phone: 608-222-7799
- Gustave A. Larson, Store Manager Aaron Demuth, phone: 608-628-0209
- Industrial Control, Owner Mike Stoffel, phone: 608-273-1717
- Johnston Supply, Owner Dan Kunze, phone: 608-223-1499
- Temperature Systems, Sales & Refrigeration, Roy Kempfer, phone: 608-327-2345
For more information, please contact Julie Walsh, Madison Area Mechanical & Sheet Metal Contractors Association at 608-2881414 or email@example.com.