November: Perfect For Some Home Improvement
November is the perfect time to start some home improvement tasks. It often is hard to find the right time of year to start with a home improvement project or many small tasks, but November provides a pretty decent time frame.
Thanksgiving is at the end of the month, but then homeowners have a month break before most of the holiday festivities and guests come flooding in, meaning you have time to make those changes or complete those tasks you’ve been wanting to for ages. If a little mess happens, it isn’t the end of the world.
Smaller Tasks That Are Beneficial:
- Check your washing machine to make sure it isn’t leaking. Check the hoses as well, and if these are leaking, replace as necessary.
- Check your garage door opener, and make sure it runs easily, without squeaking. If it does, lubricate the opener (according to the manufacturer’s guidelines) to keep it working at its best.
- As mentioned above, the holiday season is coming, which means guests. Pick a different area each week that isn’t on your usual cleaning list and add it to the list. Make that area sparkly and shine. You’ll notice the difference, and you’ll feel better about bringing guests into your home.
- The air indoors is dry in November; therefore, if you have any woodwork that needs repair, November is a great time to do so.
- Think about the holiday guests that may be coming: Consider making room for coats in your front closet.
- Make sure if you live in an area that typically gets snow that you are prepared with shovels and ice-melting material now before a storm hits.
- Provide protection from the cold weather for plants, and pull any weeds or dead vegetable plants.
Looking for a project that is a bit bigger? Here are some ideas of possible areas for you to target your attention:
- The Basement: You’ve been wanting to finish this area for ages, since you moved in, or maybe you simply want a change in atmosphere. Regardless, now is the time to tackle it.
- Redecorate the office or multipurpose room that has been sitting around being used as a kind of “whatever” room. Pick a function, and turn it into what you want.
- Depending on how much woodwork you have, the idea of repairing woodwork this November could be a bigger project rather than a smaller task.
Did you like this article? Check back weekly for more tips and tricks about your home.